Admission Policy & Procedure for NASCIC Participation
- All interested in joining the Consortium must complete an Application for consideration by the NASCIC Executive Council. Upon acceptance, applicant's membership will be considered provisional until membership dues are paid in full and a signed copy of the agreed upon articles governing the NASCIC are received.
- Members will be expected to have their delegate (or self) attend the annual meeting, either physically or virtually, in order to retain membership privileges.
An organization’s membership may be revoked for the following circumstances:
- Members fail to meet the expectations as defined in the Membership Rights & Duties, for participation (at the discretion of the Executive Council).
- Members do not pay their annual dues in a timely manner.
- Unprofessional behavior typified by a failure to adhere to agreed upon code of conduct: Always acting with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respecting the opinions of others and treating all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, color, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation in meetings, email correspondence or other forms of communication. Failure to comply with the above code of conduct will result in a warning issued by the Executive Council. If failure to comply is repeated, then member organization will be subject to revocation of membership as determined by a two-thirds majority vote of the Assembly of Delegates.
- Actions, speech or behaviors outside of internal communications that reflect poorly on the reputation of NASCIC. These behaviors will be followed with a warning issued by the Executive Council and if not corrected, will be subject to revocation of membership following a two-thirds majority vote by member participants.
- Member may resign from participation by providing a letter signed and authorized by the member organization’s leadership and sent to NASCIC Executive Council.
- Members may apply for reinstatement following 12 months after expulsion. To be reinstated, the member must follow the standard application process set forth for NASCIC membership.