Terms and Elections
Remuneration of the Executive Council and Assembly of Delegates
Terms and Elections
- The Vice-President, Treasurer, and three Delegate members of the Executive Council shall be voted in by a simple majority (51%) by the Assembly of Delegates.
- The President and Past-President are members of the the Executive Council by succession from Vice-President.
- Elections for the Executive Council shall take place during the annual gathering of NASCIC.
- The President and Vice-President may not serve more than one consecutive term.
- The Past-President, President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Assembly of Delegate representatives on the Executive Council must be members of NASCIC in good standing.
The office of an Executive Council member shall automatically be vacated:
- If the Executive Council member is found to be a mentally/cognitively/emotionally incompetent person or becomes of unsound mind;
- If the Council member by notice in writing to the NASCIC resigns office which resignation shall be effective at the time it is received by the Executive Council or at the time specified in the notice, whichever is later;
- If at a special meeting of the Executive Council, a resolution is passed to remove the Executive Council member in question by at least two-thirds of the votes cast at the special meeting;
- If the Executive Council member is unable to perform her/his duties.
A vacancy occurring in the Executive Council shall be filled as follows:
- If the vacancy occurs as a result of the removal of any Executive Council member by the Executive Council, it may be filled upon the vote of a majority of the Executive Council. Any Executive Council member elected to fill a removed Executive Council members’ place shall hold office for the remainder of the removed Executive Council members’ term;
- Any other vacancy in the Executive Council may be filled for the remainder of the term by the current Executive Council members, if they shall see fit to do so, and so long as there is quorum at Executive Council meetings;
- Otherwise such vacancy shall be filled at the next annual general meeting of the Assembly of Delegates at which the Executive Council for the ensuing year are elected.
Remuneration of the Executive Council and Assembly of Delegates:
The Executive Council and Assembly of Delegates shall serve as such without remuneration and no Executive Council member or Delegate shall directly or indirectly receive any profit from occupying the position of Executive Council member or Delegate; provided that an Executive Council member or Delegate may be reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred by the Executive Council member or Delegate in the performance of their duties, upon review and approval by the Treasurer.