The North American Spinal Cord Injury Consortium (NASCIC) has the mission to bring about unified achievements in research, care, cure, and policy by supporting collaborative efforts across the spinal cord injury community.
The North American Spinal Cord Injury Consortium (NASCIC) brings together like-minded organizations, individuals, and groups to improve research, care, cure, and policies impacting people living with spinal cord injury, their families, and community. Working collaboratively, the organization is structured to effectively bring about collective change through approved projects. This is achieved through:
- The formation of relationships and active engagement between the individuals and organizations representing spinal cord injury;
- The exchange of valid,trustworthy, and useful information, experience, and knowledge;
- Promotion of and involvement with ‘best practices of consumer engagement’ in research, care, cure, and policy;
- The creation of a unified platform for SCI advocacy in North America;
- Promotion of collaboration among experts in the fields of research, care, cure, and policy of participating members.
The NASCIC is not a trade association, lobbying entity, or treatment care center. Those providing such services to the spinal cord injury community may be Partner members.